Saturday, 9 November 2013

Gloria

Bah, this was just going to be a short post about Cantori Veneziani's last concert, but it ended up being a little more complicated. The reason is that Google changed the way you embed music within Google blogs back in July. Which means I found out this morning that none of the previous concerts I linked to would play. It's taken a bit of arsing around but I think I've got there now - personally I think it looks a little clunky compared to the previous solution, but it will have to do. When I get time I'll go back and update the other musical blogs.

Anyway, here (hopefully) is the concert.Vivaldi's Gloria at the Scuola Grande di San Rocco (Orchestra Barocca di Bologna, conducted by Paolo Faldi) . I think it's pretty good. There's a bit of coughing during some of the quiet bits, and the sound of the soprano and mezzo walking on and off stage (I don't know why they didn't just stay seated on stage throughout but, hey, I'm not the maestro) but nothing too noticeable. I can actually identify my voice at times...I'm never quite sure if this is a good thing or not!

Gloria
Et in Terra Pax
Laudamus Te
Gratias Agimus Tibi
Domine Deus
Domine Fili Unigenite
Domine Deus, Agnus Dei
Qui Tollis Peccata Mundi
Qui Sedes Ad Dexteram Patris
Quoniam Tu Solus Sanctus / Cum Sancto Spirito

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad someone records your concerts so we get to hear you, if not see you in those splendid settings. I wonder if the "dark" voice I heard is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched http://youtu.be/gaevyM30go8 and saw your familiar face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey, I had no idea there was any film of this! Thank you so much Yvonne, I'll hav to pass this on to the other members.

      Delete
  3. The Gloria was our daughter's wedding music so I always remember walking her down the aisle when I hear it. Thanks. Andrew ( in Venice next week - any more concerts then?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing next week I'm afraid (nothing from us now until Christmas), but if I hear of anything that sounds good I'll let you know. Have a great trip!

      Delete
    2. Not sure if you'll be here this Saturday (16th) - if so, there's a free concert at the church of San Pantalon. RBS choir / Phoenix Brass Quartet. Starts at 8pm. Now, I know nothing about them at all but the programme - Monteverdi, Gabrieli, Purcell - sounds good, and San Pantalon's a fine place for a concert.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant. Two birds with one stone. The concert and the ceiling. Perfetto. Many thanks Phil. If you're going and see three folk outside - the guy (me) will be wearing a porkpie hat- come and say hello. Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I'm afraid we weren't able to make it...but hope you had (or are having) a great time! If you're back in December/January I'm in three or possibly four concerts over that period.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.