Tuesday, 26 November 2013

The Book

Hi everyone, it's Shameless Plug Time.


When I started this blog, two years ago now, I did so for two reasons. One was to let friends and family back home know how we were getting on. The other was simply that I thought the experience would be worth recording. I had no intention at the time of writing a book.

At the start of this year, however, I decided that I had sufficient material to start putting a book together, with the intention of chronicling the Project from its inception up until the end of our first year in Venice. That book is now available from Amazon as a paperback, with an e-book version to follow shortly.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Venice-Project-Philip-Gwynne-Jones/dp/1492162582/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385461133&sr=1-1&keywords=venice+project

http://www.amazon.com/Venice-Project-Philip-Gwynne-Jones/dp/1492162582/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385461197&sr=8-1&keywords=philip+gwynne+jones

It's impossible for me to be objective, of course, but I'm very pleased with it. It's the book I wanted to write. More importantly, perhaps, it's a book I would have wanted to read.

I hope you enjoy it.


9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Hopefully those good folk at Amazon send my copy speedily.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both-I really hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil....how soon will it be released electronically...e-book? I'd love to buy both....paper and e-book.
    I'll be in Venice over the holidays and would love to download to my Kindle!!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi L, if you search for "The Venice Project" on Amazon, you should be able to find a Kindle version - the two formats will ultimately be displayed together, but it typically takes Amazon a couple of days to link them. Let me know if any problems!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Philip! I've been internet-less for the last 3 weeks and only just catching up with things. I'll definitely be over to Amazon to buy my copy and am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Vee. And good luck with the guide dog training!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Phil. My copy arrived today! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ciao☺ I am an Italian reader and I live in Venice (in the mainland)
    Just start reading your book: I am very very curios. ..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.